“Responsible Resource Investment” is our core value
We believe the U.S. E&P industry, over the past decade, has had a largely destructive impact on both economic and environment values. Zephyr is positioned differently, with a commitment to always utilize responsible environmental and economic best practices. By achieving success, we hope to demonstrate that engagement with the oil and gas industry is more effective than attempts at divestment of the industry, a movement which we believe can unintentionally lead to even greater destruction.
A Vow to be Responsible Stewards of Capital
- Science-led approach with understanding that location is the key driver of value
- Vigilance to maintain low fixed costs
- Extremely conservative views on leverage
- Management incentives aligned with share value growth (rather than production volume or acreage targets).
- Internal metrics will focus on corporate cash flows rather than well level IRRs and production volumes
- Goal to return capital to shareholders when practical – and incentive to do so exists as the board are major shareholders
A Vow to be Responsible Stewards of the Environment
- A belief that proper ESG practices are both economically and environmentally beneficial;
- A commitment to only participate in projects which can be tied to nearby existing infrastructure. No participation in projects with long-term flaring, ever;
- A commitment to evaluate and utilize new technologies, such as continuous emissions monitoring at our operated projects, to the greatest extent possible;
- A commitment to be active participants in our local communities and, in particular, to be supporters of land and grassland conservation projects in those communities;
- A commitment to practice vigilance and humility in regard to local community relations;
- A commitment to minimize our land footprint but utilizing efficient pad design and co-location of wells;
- A commitment to retain a strong and independent board, comprised of a majority of Non-Executives and with separation between the Chairman and CEO roles. The board will oversee management’s adherence to each of the above commitments.